Google My Business: It was a simple app and it is going away.
Google just announced that they are retiring the Google My Business app and service. Moving forward you will need to manage your business listing within Maps and Search Console. The critical first step is claiming your Google business listing. In order to do that (and will all G Services), you must have a gmail account. For instructions on that, click here. Here are the two simple methods to do that.
Add your business through Google Maps
- From your desktop or Laptop, sign in to Google Maps.
- Select the best method for your situation:
- Type In Your Business Address in the search bar, On the left, in the Business Profile, click Add your business.
- Right-click anywhere on the map. Then, click Add your business.
- In the top left, click Menu Add your business.
- Complete the questions and finish signing up for your Business Profile.
Claim your business through Google Maps
- From your desktop or Laptop, sign in to Google Maps
- Enter the business name in the search bar.
- Click the business name and choose the current one.
- Click Claim this business Manage now.
- For other businesses, click I own or manage another business.
- You will need to select and complete a verification option, and follow the on-screen steps.
Verification Methods. It is not always the simplest verification.
There are a few verification options, you can read more about them on Google’s help article. Typically, the Postcard by Mail option is the most common. It is often the most frustrating, as it takes up to a week and the post card is often throw out. Many people think it is junk mail and you have to start the process over. So if you use the Postcard verification method, be sure to look for it in the mail or alert your whoever handles your mail.
Just Make Sure You have Claimed Your Business Listing
This is a basic SEO requirement, especially for brick and mortar locations. Be sure your listing is claimed, that the information is up to date, add some photos and have completed the profile. Go luck, now GO!! Claim away!