Stop SPAM by adding reCAPTCHA to your Elementor contact form.
Are you getting a bunch of spam from your contract forms? There is a simple way to help reduce all of that spam by adding reCAPTCHA to your contact form.
What is reCAPTCHA?
“reCAPTCHA is a free service from Google that helps protect websites from spam and abuse. A “CAPTCHA” is a turing test to tell human and bots apart. It is easy for humans to solve, but hard for “bots” and other malicious software to figure out.”
There are 4 types of reCAPTCHA, you can learn more directly from Google. The process is the same for both version 2 and 3.
reCAPTCHA Ver 2
reCAPTCHA Ver 3
Let’s add reCAPTCHA!
In this Elementor Tutorial video, you will learn the step by step process to secure your contact form. Elementor has a native reCAPTCHA function within a contact form.
You will need to get the reCAPTCHA API keys from your Google account.
Adding reCAPTCHA to Your Elementor Contact Form
- Add reCAPTCHA to your form, choose reCAPTCHA or reCAPTCHA 3
- In the WordPress dashboard, ELEMENTOR – SETTINGS – INTEGRATIONS
- Click on the reCAPTCHA link and follow the instruction from your Google account to generate the reCAPTCHA API keys, the SITE KEY and SECRET KEY. Store these securely.
- In WordPress, Paste the API Keys into the fields and click save
- Check your form to ensure the reCAPTCHA is working.
More Tutorials for Elementor and WordPress
Be sure to hit that subscribe to my YouTube channel for more helpful videos. You can also see a select offering of Elementor tutorial videos on this site, click here.
If you would like help, please contact me to set up a time to review your site.