YouTube #Shorts is coming to the US, will you be ready for it?
YT Shorts is a response to the popularity of TikTok and other short form video platforms. It is geared towards influencers, brand ambassadors, creators and personalities. They summed it up best on their blog…
“Shorts is a new short-form video experience for creators and artists who want to shoot short, catchy videos using nothing but their mobile phones.”
Things to know about Shorts
- It is for mobile content creation, with the YouTube Shorts Camera (app)
- Videos my be in vertical or portrait mode
- Videos should be less than 15 seconds, up to a maximum of 60 seconds.
- It has been launched in India and is expected to be Beta Released in the US very soon.
- The new app is expected to include:
- Multi-segment camera : String together multiple video clips.
- Record with music : choose from a growing library of music clips.
- Speed controls : to provide flexibility and creativity for your shorts.
- Timer/countdown : to keep you on track.
- Any YT Creator can get started now. Start making content and tag it with #shorts in the title and description.
- Shorts Video titles will need to be less than 40 characters.
You can watch the video and read more about Shorts directly from the YouTube Blog.
Want a Preview?
Here is a really good very about the details. YouTube Shorts: Everything You Need to Know… So Far! From VidIQ
Latest posts by Josh Meeder (see all)